42 Clements Street
A view over the bay and an eye to the future
A commanding setting on the highest vantage point affords sweeping views over Iron Cove Bay from the upper level of this freestanding 1920s home. With only ever two families in ownership, the property has been sympathetically extended over the years and features a sunny poolside entertaining area. Originally home to Ken Beames, Australias foremost optics and telescope maker in the 20th century, the property still features the engineering studio where he created his groundbreaking work along with the worlds largest mounted telescope in the 1930s.
* Four double bedrooms, three open to a deck and the main with a sunroom or study
* Elegant living and dining rooms, original fireplace, bay window seat and timber floors
* Eat-in kitchen, two full bathrooms and an enormous cellar storage area
* Double-fronted studio used as a workshop, engineering shed and recording studio
* Private elevated setting, high ornate ceilings, sunny pool and a lock-up garage
Precautions have been taken to establish accuracy of the information but it does not constitute any representation by the vendor or real estate agent. You should make your own inquiries as to its accuracy.