Warwick Williams Real Estate is committed to providing you with the highest levels of customer service and this includes protecting your privacy. Since December 2001 we are bound by new sections of the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988, which sets out a number of principles concerning the protection of your personal info rmation. Following is the info rmation that the Privacy Act requires us to communicate to our clients.
Your Personal Information
Personal info rmation held by Warwick Williams Real Estate may include your name, date of birth, current and previous addresses, telephone/mobile phone numbers, email address, bank account or credit card details, occupation, driver's license number and other relevant details depending on your transactions with this office.
If you choose not to provide personal info rmation, we may not be able to provide you with the services you require, or the level of service to which we are committed.
How We Collect Personal Information
Warwick Williams Real Estate collects personal info rmation in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you, when you provide info rmation by telephone or in documents such as an application form, lease or agency agreement,
- from third parties such as solicitors, credit reporting agencies or your representatives;
- from other sources of info rmation i.e. Council records
How We Use Your Personal Information
Your personal info rmation may be used in order to:
- provide the services you require;
- administer and manage those services,
- gain an understanding of your info rmation and communication needs in order for us to provide you with a better service; and
- maintain and develop our business systems
- Some info rmation is also collected to promote and market other services which we consider may be of interest to you.
When We Disclose Your Personal Information
For the purposes set out above we may disclose your personal info rmation to organisations outside Warwick Williams Real Estate . The organisations to which we disclose info rmation include:
- your representatives (eg. your authorised representatives, legal advisers and accountants);
- credit reporting agencies;
- credit providers
- our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers;
- government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law;
Help us to ensure we hold accurate info rmation
Warwick Williams Real Estate takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal info rmation we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of that info rmation depends to a large extent on the info rmation you provide. That's why we recommend that you:
- l et us know if there are any errors in your personal info rmation; and
- keep us up-to-date with changes to personal info rmation such as your name or address.
You can access your personal info rmation
You have a right to access your personal info rmation, subject to some expectations allowed by law. If you would like to do so, please let us know. You will be required to put your request in writing for security reasons.
Warwick Williams Real Estate reserves the right to charge a fee for searching for and providing access to your info rmation.
How To Contact Us
If you have any questions in relation to privacy, please contact us on 9719 8288 during office hours. Alternatively, you can write to the Privacy Officer, PO Box 147 , Drummoyne, NSW 2047.